Osprey Farm is hiring three seasonal farm worker positions for the 2017 Season. Work will be on farm in Willamina and at our market/CSA locations in Salem and on the Coast.
Job Tasks may include, but are not limited to…
- Weekly harvests for CSA (Monday/Tuesday) and Farmer’s Market (Fridays), which includes harvesting, washing and packing vegetables.
- Weekly Deliveries (driving box truck)
- Staffing Saturday Market Booth (Saturday, 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Field Work (planting, irrigation, greenhouse propagation, seeding, hand or tractor cultivation, weeding, fertilizing, trellising, pruning, etc.)
- Machinery maintenance or infrastructure building projects
We have three seasonal job position openings for the 2017 growing season (mid March-November). Some part time winter work may be available (December-February).
All positions will start as part time in the spring (15-25 hrs/week) and will move towards full time (30-40 hours/week) as we get closer to summer. Work days will be Monday through Friday, unless you are working the Saturday Market. The person who works at the Saturday Market in any given week will be given Sunday-Monday off. Hours may decrease as we start to wrap up the season in November.
Spring and fall work starts at 8:00 a.m. and summer work begins at 7:00 a.m. All positions are paid hourly and will start at $10/hour, with the possibility of moving up to $12/hour by the end of the season. Timeline of raises depends on experience, responsibilities and quickness to learn. All employees will have access to free produce weekly. On farm or local housing may be available. Applicants who have interest in farming as a career will be given preference.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license
- Capable of safely lifting 50 lbs
- Able to sit, stand, kneel, or bend for long periods of time.
- Works well independently and in group settings
- Detail oriented
- Eager to learn and works quickly
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks with endurance
- Positive attitude in all kinds of weather
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Good Communicator who asks questions
- This is a fast paced working environment, so applicant must be comfortable with hearing frequent criticism and feedback.
- Previous farm work experience
- Tractor Operation experience
- Experience driving large vehicles (box truck/trailers)
- Customer Service Experience (retail)
- Education in Soil or Biological Sciences
- Previous jobs/hobbies involving physical activity or trade work
- Knowledge of vegetables and cooking or personal desire to learn
To apply, fill out our 2017 employment application and include a copy of your up to date resume. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thanks!