Summer CSA: Begins first week in June and ends the last week in November.
Winter CSA: Begins first week in January and ends the last week in April.
As a CSA share holder you are taking part in both the risks and bounty of farming. You may not always receive the exact same quantity each week, but we try to make sure that the quantities that we give out over the course of the season are equal to or in most cases more than what you are paying for as a thank you for supporting our farm.
Part of being a member of a CSA is enjoying the ebb and flow of the seasons. When vegetables just start to produce, or when they are slowing down for the season, they may be in smaller quantity, but when we are overwhelmed with abundance you will receive more! We will try our best to accurately communicate quantities in the comments section under each vegetable in the store.
Note: Broadway Coffeehouse Market Style members do not need to choose share online.
Choose your share weekly:
Each week’s vegetables will be posted on Friday by noon and you have until Sunday night to place your order (optional). If you forget to choose your share or if we don’t receive your order before we print the harvest list, we will pack a share of our choice for you. Choosing your share is optional.
Some weeks you may receive something different than what you ordered. This may happen in the early season when crops are just starting to produce, or if pests or weather damage a crop and the quality is compromised. This variability is part of being in a CSA as we are all taking a part in the risks and benefits of eating locally. We will communicate if we are making substitutions in the newsletter. Please note in the comments section when you choose your share if you are allergic to any of the vegetables that are available that week.
1) CSA Store: Once you are logged into your account click on the Small CSA Share (5-item), Medium CSA Share (8-item) or Large CSA Share (10-item) store link. You will only be allowed to access the share size that you are registered for. If the share size that is on your account is incorrect, please contact us.
2) Choose your share (five, eight, or ten vegetable items). You can double up on things you are excited about unless there is a limit stated. Enter quantity and press “add to cart” to choose the items that you would like. If you click on the pictures of each item there will be information about each vegetable.
3) Check Out: Once you have added the correct number of items click on the blue text that says “view cart”. Review your share order and click “Save and Check Out”. To confirm your order enter any necessary comments about your share and click the “Complete Checkout” button. You will receive a confirmation email confirming that your order was successfully received (double check SPAM folder).
4) Congratulations, you have chosen your weekly share. Don’t forget to pick it up!
If you do not receive confirmation emails of your weekly order, we did not receive your order. Double check your email when you are ordering to make sure it went through. Sometimes there can be errors with your internet browser or orders aren’t sent if you don’t click on the final “submit” button. If you don’t receive the email, try ordering again. If the problem persists, please contact us and we will try to resolve the issue with you.
If you receive a wrong order and you did receive a confirmation email then the mistake is on our end. Please contact us by phone or email, so we can resolve the issue and make necessary changes with our packing protocols.
No, you will be able to choose your share from a market display at the pick up each week. Weekly vegetables will be posted each week on our website under the "farm happenings" tab in the main menu on Fridays, so you can meal plan for the upcoming week.
1) Login into your account here. You can also access your account via the "Member Login" tab on our website's main menu or there will be a link on the order reminder emails that are sent out weekly. If this is your first time logging in you can enter your email address and press the “Validate” button and a link will be sent to your email that will allow you to access your account.
2) Create a password (optional). For quicker logins you can create a password. Once logged in via your email, click on “Change Password”. Enter a password, confirm it and click submit. If you prefer to not have a password or forget it then you can continue to login by submitting your email address and clicking on the link that is sent to your email.
Some weeks we may substitute something different than what you ordered. This may happen in the early season when crops are just starting to produce, or if pests or weather damage a crop and the quality is compromised. This variability is part of being in a CSA as we are all taking a part in the risks and benefits of eating locally. Please note in the comments section when you choose your share if you are allergic to any of the vegetables that are available that week, so we make sure to make an appropriate substitution that meets your health needs.
We will communicate if we are making substitutions in the newsletter. If you receive a different vegetable than what you ordered and we did not communicate a substitution in the weekly newsletter, please make sure to let us know, so we can make changes to the way we are packing shares to ensure accuracy!
Bread and Coffee
Your bread and coffee orders will be in your share as ordered every week. If for some reason there is an issue with bread or coffee deliveries we will communicate via email. Otherwise, if you are missing your bread or coffee, please let us know ASAP so we can address the issue.
Please contact us directly by phone or email if there is a problem with your share. We appreciate your feedback as we are developing this new online system.
You can also give us regular feedback about your CSA experience by rating your weekly shares.
Rate Your Shares!
Give us feedback on how we are doing. Helpful criticism is encouraged, so we can make the CSA experience better for all of our members. Let us know what vegetables you like or any suggestions on how we can make improvements to this new CSA system (communication, newsletters, etc).
To leave a comment log into your account and click on “Rate Your Share” on the left hand menu. Enter a star rating and any comments and click “submit”. If you have an item missing from your share or have any issues that need to be addressed quickly, please contact us by phone or email, not by rating your share. Thank you!
Missed Pick-up Policy
There will be no refunds if you miss a pick-up! If you are unable to make it to a pick-up during a given week, you have a couple of options:
- Send a friend or family member to pick your veggies up for you.
- Schedule a vacation hold (before Sunday at noon).
If you forget to schedule a vacation hold and do not make it to pick up your veggies there will be no refunds or credits given.
To schedule a vacation hold, log into your member account here and click on the “holds” button at the bottom of the tan colored menu to see all of your vacation holds. Then click on “schedule” to add a new one. When you are scheduling your hold in the notes section, please note which alternative pickup option you would like for that week. If you don’t specify what option you would like we will give you a credit on your account for extra items for future CSA weeks.
1) Pick up at the Farm (enter “FARM”): Come out to the farm another day that week. If you would like to come out to the farm, please write FARM in the note box on your vacation hold and the day/time that you would like to come out. We will confirm the day and time by email and send you directions (30-40 minute drive from downtown Salem).
2) Extra items in future weeks (Enter “EXTRA”, or leave blank): You can schedule a hold and have extra items credited to your account to make up for a missed week. You can choose this option up to two times per Winter CSA season and up to three times per Summer Season.
You will receive share credits if you schedule vacation holds. You can view your extra credits under "Store Balance" on your account. This balance is separate from what you owe for the CSA season. The amount you owe for the CSA season is under "Pay your outstanding balance of...". You do not need to use your credit all in one week. Throughout the season you are welcome to purchase extra items in addition to this credit and we will send you a bill to cover this balance. Credits expire at the end of the CSA season.
1) Extras Store: Once you are logged into your account click on the Extras Store button.
2) Choose what you would like: Enter quantity and press “add to cart” to choose the items that you would like.
3) Check Out: Once you have added the items you would like click on the blue text that says “view cart”. Review your order and click “Save and Check Out”. To confirm your order enter any necessary comments about your order and click the “Complete Checkout” button.
4) Extra items will be packed in your box with your normal CSA share for that week.